The Melanoma fund is a charity based in East Grinstead. We carry out a number of awareness-raising and educational campaigns as well as continuously raising funds and we now looking for a part time bookkeeper who can help us keep a better track on our finances.
We are looking for someone to maintain our financial records, including expenditures, income received, receipts and payments. Your responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our charity.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct ledgers (as directed by our accountants)
- Enter data, maintain records and prepare reports and financial statements in time for our quarterly Trustee meetings
- Reconcile the monthly bank statements
- Liaise with the charity’s accountants at Year End
- Prepare and maintain a rolling cash flow and income/expenditure forecast
- Maintain all financial information (paperwork) in an orderly and professional way
- Ensure that the charity meets all its regulatory and legal requirements and is fully compliant at all times
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spread sheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Place of work
Home-based, although you will occasionally have to travel and work from private addresses associated with the charity in East Grinstead and Tunbridge Wells.
This is a part-time role only comprising one day per calendar month (8 hours).
Rate of pay
You will directly report to the charity’s CEO and Chairman of the Trustees.
You will be required to use your own lap top and be responsible for your own tax affairs.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Michelle Baker on e: email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter.