Role: Freelance Part-Time Fundraiser
Hours: Part Time (10 hours per week)
Area: Kent/West Sussex
Pay: £15.00 per hour + paid travel time
The Melanoma fund is a small charity based in East Grinstead. It carries out a number of awareness-raising and educational campaigns as well as continuously raising funds. We are looking for a confident, friendly and passionate fundraiser with excellent communications skills and the enthusiasm to drum up support for a small but highly proactive charity.
Working closely with our CEO, your remit is to help grow the charity by increasing the contributions of existing individuals and groups by building on established relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources.
You’ll need to be able to network as success in this role depends heavily on being able to forge positive relationships with our growing band of supporters. Another area of your role will be to help raise awareness of our work, aims and goals.
As we are a small charity, you would be willing to cover a variety of fundraising methods, including:
• Trust, grants and statutory
• Major donor
You will report into our CEO, working together as a team to help undertake the following activities:
• Using your experience, help create a fundraising strategy to complement and enhance our campaign activities
• Develop systems to motivate existing and inspire new supporters to maximise the funds they raise
• Help develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions etc.
• Research and target charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities
• Help develop a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development
• Oversee the development of corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers
• Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
We are looking for a home based individual to work approx. 10 hours per week. The exact number, however, will be discussed at interview stage and can be altered if necessary. We will happily offer flexible working. You may need to however work extra hours and out of hours, e.g. to attend evening or weekend events and meetings.
You will need to show:
• Commitment to our charity’s cause and a passion to get involved!
• Self-motivation and ability to work as part of a small team
• Excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word
• Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
• A proactive attitude, drive, and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
• The ability to influence others using excellent communication skills
• The capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to meet financial targets
• Good organisational and project management skills
• Resilience; particularly when faced with setbacks
• Sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors
• A willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks
• The ability to think outside the box and suggest new routes for the charity
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working for a charity, through volunteering or working as a fundraising assistant or in a similar role. We will look favourably on any experience gained in marketing, public relations, events, advertising, sales, and finance.
For informal enquiries please email Michelle on email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter.
The Melanoma Fund is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing a fair and equitable workplace, where everyone is treated equally without discrimination.
Tags: Fundraiser; job; charity